Friday, Jan 12, 2018
Lecture 8am – 5pm
Dr. Ben Miraglia graduated from the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine and completed a general practice residency program at Danbury Hospital in Connecticut. He has 22 years private practice experience in Mt. Kisco, New York, where his focus has been on early childhood growth and development. Dr. Miraglia is a graduate of the United States Dental Institute where he learned his non-extraction and non-surgical orthodontic philosophy. Dr. Miraglia lectures nationally on childhood sleep disordered breathing and its impact on the development of the maxilla, mandible and airway.
Dr. Miraglia holds faculty positions with Align Technology and the United States Dental Institute and is on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Cosmetic Orthodontics as well as the American Academy of Physiological Medicine and Dentistry. Dr. Miraglia was recently honored with a position on the President’s Council of Northern Westchester Hospital in Mt. Kisco, New York.
Malocclusion rates are extremely high and they are significant. Most malocclusions we identify are the result of the underdevelopment of the maxilla and/or mandible. This underdevelopment is often a result of mouth breathing. Ultimately, sleep disordered breathing has an effect on the quality of sleep, which then involves other symptoms that are associated with poor sleep or sleep apnea. These include bruxism and TMD disorders. The dental team is uniquely positioned to recognize and help patients, both children and adults, with a variety of orthodontic techniques.
After completing this program, Dental Teams will be able to:
- Understand the characteristics of healthy, stable, comfortable occlusions and TMJ
- Understand different orthodontic opportunities for the GP to address TMD and Airway Compromised patients
- Review Clinical case presentations of teen and adult patients
- Learn removable expander techniques for adult orthodontics
- Learn fixed expander techniques for teen/adult orthodontics
- Understand the role of clear aligners in TMD and open airway orthodontic cases
- Learn introduction bracket and wire techniques that are supportive of TMJ and airway health
Case reviews- doctors are encouraged to bring patient records to discuss
Embassy Suites – Airport, 7901 34th Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55425
Close to Mall of America
8 Lecture Credits in either TMD or Orthodontics
$595 AGD Member Dentist | $795 Non-Member Dentist | $125 Team Member