The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Program Approval for Continuing Education (PACE) was created to assist members of the AGD and the dental profession in identifying and participating in quality continuing dental education (CDE).
PURPOSE & GOALS
The Program Approval for Continuing Education (PACE) operates:
- 1. To improve the educational quality of continuing dental education (CDE) programs through self-evaluation conducted by the program provider in relation to the Standards and Criteria, and/or through counsel and recommendations provided to program providers by the PACE Council.
2. To assure participants that approved continuing education program providers have the organizational structure and resources necessary to provide CDE activities of acceptable educational quality.
3. To achieve interstate acceptance for AGD Fellowship and Mastership credit for activities put on by approved program providers.
4. To promote uniformity in identification of those CDE activities that are acceptable for AGD Fellowship and Mastership credit.
5. To promote uniformity of standards for CDE that can be accepted by the dental profession.
6. To promote, through consistent and meaningful application of standards, an increased credibility for AGD’s Fellowship and Mastership awards.